Sunday, June 26, 2011

My New Job

Yesterday was my first day of work ever! I am working at the American Embassy in Bangkok and a Summer Only employee. I have one of the better jobs that you could get. I basically help plan trips, parties, and events for the employees here.
The American Embassy in Bangkok
Yesterday after two hours of briefings I got to start. I made flyers for and up coming biking tour, prepared for an event on Friday were I will be reading to little kids then doing arts and crafts, and many more things. I was so busy yesterday and I am busy today too. Today I met the Ambassador, all of the summer employees were shuffled into a big conference room, then we had to wait for fifteen minutes for security to check the room. The Ambassador was very nice, she even has her own twitter account.
I work eight hour days with one hour for lunch. I have to get up at 5:00, just to get ready. This job is mentally exhausting, but it's also really fun. I realize tat I am very lucky to even have a job, and I really am enjoying every minute if it.
What are you doing this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment