Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

“I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants”
Quote by A. Whitney Brown


Yesterday was Easter.  Not everyone celebrates Easter or even celebrates its’ religious aspects, but in mass yesterday father Guido gave a sermon that I think was very thoughtful. He spoke about how after Jesus died life went back to normal for everyone. Fishermen went fishing, shepherds herded, and everyone thought that Jesus and his teachings were done. No one expected him to ascend into heaven. Father Guido related this to how we as catholic come to mass, go to confessions, and then we think we are done. We think that we have done our duty. He said that this was the wrong attitude and that we constantly need to work on ourselves to improve ourselves. As Jesus rose from his tomb we must too rise from our former selves, and work to do better.
Sorry if I got a bit preachy in this post. I think that everyone no matter their beliefs can apply this to their lives. We can all better ourselves. I know for me it not gossiping. It’s not that I am a huge gossip, but I know that much of the gossip doesn’t put people in the best light. Well anyways I hope you had a happy Easter, if you celebrate it, or a good Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. I like this! We should definitely gossip less or instead make only complements :)

    ReplyDelete