Monday, May 16, 2011

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

I first fell in love Cat on a Hot Tin Roof when I was in ninth grade. I was getting ready to go to school, and had some extra time. It was on TMC. My mother had been telling me to watch it for a while, but I was apprehensive. I sat back and was instantly mesmerized.
Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman as a couple?  Il a été un match dans le paradis! Paul Newman is my idea of a perfect guy, had he not died I am sure that I would be his best friend (obviously). Elizabeth Taylor was a goddess.  They are both two of my favorite actors.



Not only were there beautiful people in this movie, but there was an amazingly moving story line. After I watched the movie I read the first version of the play (it is completely different), and was upset. I then found out there was a re-write, and I was thrilled to find out that this one was more was much more similar. I don't want to reveal any of the play, because I want it to be a surprise. If you are ever in need of something to read or watch, I full heartedly recommend either versions of this play and the 1958 film.

No comments:

Post a Comment