Sunday, May 15, 2011

Muffins, anyone?

I had no plans this weekend, so I decided to bake something. Two years ago, I had a 6 month stint of vegansim, that I stopped because it was to hard to keep up in Thailand. During those 6 months I accumulated a copiousness of recipes, the majority of them being baked goods. I liked one muffin recipe in particular, which is for banana muffins.Since I had bananas and time on my hands I made them.


This was the result:





The recipe I used was:


1 1/2 cups flour
    1/3 cup vegan margarine
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3 mashed bananas
    1 egg substitute (I used applesauce but you can also us, flax seed powder, tofu, and others.)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients well in a medium sized bowl. It doesn't matter what goes in when.

Bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.

As well, you can make this into a loaf, or add chocolate chips if you want!

(This recipe is from my mom's friend, but I veganised it, and the muffins are amazing.)

Serves: 8

Preparation time: 25 Minutes


The muffins come out really light and fluffy, and you can't even tell that they're vegan.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Glad to see you were free all weekend...I made yummyyy cookies :)

    ReplyDelete